The Ergodicity Economics textbook will be published in 2024.
While we’re working on it, you can support us and already get started by downloading our 2018 lecture notes for $15. This will count as a down payment on the textbook should you order it later.
Click “Buy now,” and we will send you an email with the notes, stamped with a unique identifier. The identifier is your code to order the textbook from LML. We will email you when it’s ready.
What others are saying about the lecture notes:
Also, feel free to check out our list of open-access EE-related research papers and visit ergodicity.tv for bite-sized videos.
- Non-ergodicity in reinforcement learning: robustness via ergodicity transformations (2023). Baumann et al.
- Reply to “The limitations of growth-optimal approaches to decision-making under uncertainty” (2023). Hulme et al.
- The limitation of growth-optimal approaches to decision-making under uncertainty (2023). Ford, Kay.
- Are risk preferences optimal? (2023). Skjold et al.
- Insurance as an ergodicity problem (2023). Peters.
- The influence of ergodicity on risk affinity of timed and non-timed respondents (2022). Vanhoyweghen et al.
- Stable cooperation emerges in stochastic multiplicative growth (2022).
Fant et al.
- The ergodicity solution of the cooperation puzzle (2022).
- Wealth inequality and the ergodic hypothesis: evidence from the United States (2021).
Berman, Peters, Adamou.
- The two growth rates of the economy (2020).
Adamou, Berman, Peters.
- What are we weighting for? A mechanistic model for probability weighting (2020).
Peters, Adamou, Kirstein, Berman.
- The ergodicity problem in economics (2019).
- Ergodicity-breaking reveals time optimal decision making in humans (2019).
Meder et al..
- Microfoundations of discounting (2019).
Adamou, Berman, Mavroyiannis, Peters.
- Comment on D. Bernoulli (1738) (2019).
- The sum of log-normal variates in geometric Brownian motion (2018).
- The time interpretation of expected utility theory (2018).
- A recipe for irreproducible results (2017).
- Dynamics of inequality (2016).
- Evaluating gambles using dynamics (2016).
- An evolutionary advantage of cooperation (2015).
- Insurance makes wealth grow faster (2015).
- Ergodicity breaking in geometric Brownian motion (2013).
- Leverage efficiency (2011).
- Menger 1934 revisited (2011).
- The time resolution of the St Petersburg paradox (2011).
- Optimal leverage from non-ergodicity (2011).